Its that time of year again, where I look at the Year that was, and do the customary Year that was Meme.
MEME: The Year That Was 2019
1. What did you do in 2019 that you’d never done before?
OK, New things :-
- Went into the Chair in Rose Croix
- Saw the consecration of a new Rose Croix Chapter.
- Gave a talk in a Royal Arch Chapter with Grand Superintendent attending.
- Got an Article published in a Masonic Magazine
- Visited a Lodge in Scotland.
- Saw an Installation in Scotland
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I gave up on resolutions many years back as I never stuck to them, whereas my competitive nature makes me stick to challenges. So for the last few years I have had a yearly challenge
This year I again failed miserably with everything apart from the Goodreads reading challenge.
The year was not a total loss, I did get Buster the mini Blood Bike rebuilt, and managed to raise almost £4000 for Blood Bikes from various talks.
But next year is 100% about the Challenge, and I REFUSE to fail again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nobody. Well I can not think of anyone. Unless! Does Yoda count?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A fair few Masonic Friends passed away this year. It has been a bad year for Masonic Deaths.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the home nations of Wales, England & Scotland.
And Anglesey. I figure Anglesey should be counted as its own country, for it is a strange place.
6. What would you like to have in 2020 that you lacked in 2019?
7. What dates from 2019 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- 7th February – Seeing a great friend go into the chair of zerubbabel
- 22nd March – Quitting as Provincial Webmaster
- 12th April – Going into the chair in Rose Croix.
- 1st June – Being published in The Square Magazine
- 21st December – Visit to a Scottish Lodge to see an Installation.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being asked to write an article for The Square magazine and being published.
With going into the chair of Rose Croix with the Inspector Generals of several Provinces, and members of the Supreme Council coming up to see it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
A continued total and unbelieveable lack of productivity!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing…. I did get a cold at one point, but that was it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I do not think I bought anything cool this year, which is Ok since my complete lack of productivity means I did not deserve anything cool.
I will set a prize for next year, and if I am productive enough I will get myself something really cool.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
- Everyone who supported Blood Bikes Wales in 2019.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
- Myself for my lack of productivity
- People who use other people for their own advantage
- Most the MPs who refused to follow the will of the people
14. Where did most of your money go?
Amazon I think 🙂
I am not addicted, I can stop at any time……
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going into the chair of Rose Croix with such a massive event full of VIPs. And getting published in the Square
16. What song will always remind you of 2019?
After last years Snowflakes attacking “Baby it’s Cold Outside” they returned this year for the Gavin & Stacy version of “Fairytale Of New York” with people actually complaining to Ofcom. How can anyone object to the BEST Christmas Song…. (btw: the word means ‘Lazy Person’)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- a) happier or sadder? Happier
- b) thinner or fatter? fatter
- c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing, Following my Dreams, Conquering the World, Finding a cure for the common cold and blackmailing people for the cure, You know, the simple pleasures in life.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? .
Wasting time, and suffering from lack of enthusiasm, also getting upset by the behavior of some people.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I am writing this on December 28th, so I know exactly how I spent Christmas day. I got up early, and went over to my parents to open presents with family, and then spend the day eating too much, drinking too much, and doing nothing. Then on Boxing day the whole family gathers for a Buffet and drinks and more madness…..
21. What was your favourite month of 2019?
December. For the Scottish Trip, among other things!
22. Did you fall in love in 2019?
Alas No. I am high functioning Sociopath.
23. How many one-night stands?
I do not believe in one-night stands. How can you tell if you realy like something unless you try it at least a couple of times?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Way too many to mention, As well as all the excellent ongoing TV shows, There was the new finds of :-
- The Mandalorian
- Harley Quinn
- Blood and Treasure
- I’m Sorry
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
You know what? NO! I do not believe I hate anyone this year that I did not hate previously. Maybe I am growing as a person, becoming more enlightened? Or is everyone already on THE LIST
26. What was the best book you read?
This is always a very hard question. According to Goodreads I have read about 155 books this year. Trying to pick the best of that lot is not going to be easy. But if I had to pick just one book, arrgghghhh……
Well there is :-
- Embrace Your Weird: Face Your Fears and Unleash Creativity by Felicia Day
- The Rosslyn Hoax? by Robert L.D. Cooper
- Siege of Stone by Terry Goodkind
I also liked the recent books in the Series’s “The Temple Chronicles”, “Dragon Blood”
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nashville based, Southern Rock/Americana Sister Antics aren’t really sisters. AnneMarie Kelbon and Vivian Nicastro are friends who met in New York through their shared passion for motorcycles. Discovering their other shared passion was music, they teamed up and were co-writing at the end of 2015. Kelbon and Nicastro quickly discovered their sound which they describe as a “southern rock blend of rock and roll, country, and blues.”
28. What did you want and get?
A strong UK Government.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
- Wyrmwood – Road Of The Dead
- Rambo – Last Blood
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I am still not having birthdays. I have decided to stop having them so that I can live forever.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A research idea!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2019?
Mostly Cargo Pants (I like the extra pockets) Jumpers, and in work Coats…. Oh and suits, because suits are awesome…… True story
34. What kept you sane?
Sane? Sane? “You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means” I think, Good Friends, Good Books, and the fact I was never very sane to start off with, so there is not that much to keep hold of.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I am not sure who to pick this year. So I will say Alice from Batwoman
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
This year is basically the same thing as last two years. he same screaming angry nazi fascists who believe their echo-chambers and scream death threats against everyone who is different to them, or who does not think 100% the same as them.
Take Brexit, the country voted for it yet the Left state no one wants it. We had EU elections and the Left stated 100% no one wanted Brexit and yet the Brexit party ended up as biggest party elected. Then we had a General election where again the Left stated no one would vote Tory, and yet they won the biggest landslide in decades, and Labor strongholds that have been Labor for 100s of years switched. And still the Left state no one wants Brexit or the Tories.
We were wrong guys. 1984 does not come from the far right trying to take over, but from the far left trying to reduce everyone to the same as them.
37. Who did you miss?
No one. “ high functioning Sociopath” Remember? Remember? from Question 22?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I can not think of any new people.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2019?.
Mulder was correct…. Trust no one
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
This land of my fathers is dear to me
Land of poets and singers, and people of stature
Her brave warriors, fine patriots
Shed their blood for freedom