Its that time of year again, where I look at the Year that was, and do the customary Year that was Meme.
MEME: The Year That Was 2017
1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before?
OK, New things :-
- Got Provincial Rank
- Was part of the Provincial Chain
- Was asked to give a talk in a Craft Lodge
- Gave a Talk in a Craft Lodge
- Was asked to write an Article for an International Magazine.
- Attended a High Council Meeting
- Helped Organising a National Rally (Widows Sons)
- Helped Organising a UGLE Tercentenary Event
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I gave up on resolutions many years back as I never stuck to them, whereas my competitive nature makes me stick to challenges. So for the last few years I have had a yearly challenge
This year I failed miserably with everything apart from the 100 Day challenge, and the Goodreads reading challenge.
Because I failed miserably this year, I am using this failure as the focus of rebooting myself next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My Middle nephew had a Son this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A very good/old school friend died this year!
5. What countries did you visit?
The usual suspects of England/Wales.
6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
More Productivity, Several more papers written towards a book of papers that I hope to publish in
2018, 2019. My charity book finished, and a published article in an international magazine.
7. What dates from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- 7th October – The day I got my 1st Honours.
- 11th November – My 1st time visiting a Lodge to give a talk.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being appointed Provincial Grand Steward, Being asked to give a talk at a Lodge, then getting other requests for talks, Being asked to write an article for a Masonic Magazine.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not actually getting anything published this year, and not fully completing the years challenge, and my total lack of productivity!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a Vampire Eye occurrence this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Or more accurately an echo dot. It is like the PA I always wanted, she keeps track of my calendar, notes, todo lists, etc.
Best toy ever!!!!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
- Myself, Just because.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The Special Snowflakes, Those people who scream in the echo chamber of their social media circles about how everyone who thinks different are Nazis. And get angry when they loose votes because the majority wanted what they wanted so how can they have lost. We can no longer have conversations or debates because to disagree is to assault them and they need to kill you to defend themselves or run to a safe space. The world is going to pieces.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Video Games, Books, More Books, More Games, Possibly a few Books.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Provincial Honours, And being part of the official chain.
16. What song will always remind you of 2017?
With the year (or two) We’ve had there can only be one song to sum up the year.
Friends in Safe Spaces. By Chad Prather and Steve Mudflap McGrew.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- a) happier or sadder? Happier
- b) thinner or fatter? Same
- c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Falling in Love, Writing, Following my Dreams, Conquering the World, Finding a cure for the common cold and blackmailing people for the cure, You know, the simple pleasures in life.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? .
Wasting time, and suffering from lack of enthusiasm.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I will wake up late, and spend the day eating too much, drinking too much, and doing nothing. Then on Boxing Day I will go to my parents with the rest of the family for an all day long mass family party!!!!
21. What was your favourite month of 2017?
July. The month started with The Big Party the Provincial party day to celebrate the tercentenary, And the month ended with the Noerth Wales Chapter hosting the National Widows Sons Rally!
22. Did you fall in love in 2017?
Alas No. I am high functioning Sociopath.
23. How many one-night stands?
I do not believe in one-night stands. How can you tell if you realy like something unless you try it at least a couple of times?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Way too many to mention, As well as all the excellent ongoing TV shows, 2017 saw dozens of new shows being released such as The Orville, S.W.A.T., The Brave, The Gifted, The Punished, etc… As well as some old shows I discovered for the first time such as Greys Anatomy, The Catch, etc….
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
You know what? NO! I do not believe I hate anyone this year that I did not hate previously. Maybe I am growing as a person, becoming more enlightened? Or is everyone already on THE LIST
26. What was the best book you read?
This is always a very hard question. According to Goodreads I have read about 150 books this year. Trying to pick the best of that lot is not going to be easy. But if I had to pick just one book, arrgghghhh…… OK I will go with “Revolutionary Ride: On the Road in Search of the Real Iran”
The story of one woman who took a solo motorcycle trip around Iran where women are not allowed to drive cars, let alone ride bikes, and should always be accompanied, and that is before you take into account she was a westerner…
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Temperance Movement
28. What did you want and get?
An amazon Dot & a coffee machine. Which I wanted, and I got…
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
- Thor: Ragnarok
I have not seen the new star wars yet.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I did not have a birthday this year. I have decided to stop having them so that I can live forever.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The Zombie Apocalypse. Seriously, How cool would that have been!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017?
Mostly Cargo Pants (I like the extra pockets) Jumpers, and in work Coats…. Oh and suits, because suits are awesome…… True story
34. What kept you sane?
Sane? Sane? “You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means” I think, Good Friends, Good Books, and the fact I was never very sane to start off with, so there is not that much to keep hold of.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Well due to binge watching 13 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy this year, I guess Izzy would count.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
This year is basically the same thing as last year.
The same screaming angry nazi fascists who believe their echo-chambers and scream death threats against everyone who is different to them, or who does not think 100% the same as them.
We were wrong guys. 1984 does not come from the far right trying to take over, but from the far left trying to reduce everyone to the same as them.
37. Who did you miss?
No one. “ high functioning Sociopath” Remember? Remember? from Question 22?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
No one jumps out, as the best new person.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017?.
Empty Vessels make most noise!
Do not engage in an argument with a stupid person, they will drag you down to their level and beat yo with their experience.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I’ve got friends in Safe Spaces And If you don’t go with us Then you must be racist That is our catch phrase Where is my latte Come on in and let’s get cozy Showing off participation trophies Watching CNN In Safe Spaces