Its that time of year again, where I look at the Year that was, and do the customary Year that was Meme.
MEME: The Year That Was 2013
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? OK, New things :-
- Joined Rose Croix, and all things associated.
- Installed my Successor into the chair of King Solomon, and became an IPM.
- Saw a good friend get put into the Chair of KS.
- Arranged to meet up with an Author for private book singing.
- Became a Committee Member for a Charity Event
- Missed a Lodge Committee meeting for the 1st time since I joined the committee (7 Years ago)
- Got a Shout out on Planet Rock Radio!!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I Have stopped setting Resolutions for myself as I have discovered that I am really crap at sticking to them. But I have discovered over the last few years I am better at completing challenges, so that is what I do instead. Last year was the 23 in 13. And in 2014 I will set myself another challenge for the Year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I do not think so. I do not recall anyone going on about babies, or any really big women suddenly becoming slim again. SO I will have to answer NO to this one. *1
4. Did anyone close to you die? No one close, but a few Lodge Brothers passed to the Grand Lodge Above.
5. What countries did you visit? Just England, But I did go to Bala and I think that should be counted as its own country.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Tricky Question. Err Enthusiasm, True Love Or a Long term relationship with an Intelligent Woman, A plan, Enthusiasm, Pay Rise, An easy year in Lodge, A Presented Paper, Enthusiasm. Oh and an Intern/PA.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? hmm?
- Jun 19th – Joining Rose Croix
- Nov 7th – Finally leaving the chair of KS
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finally escaping the Chair of KS. It was a very close thing.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting more stuff of my ToDo List done.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? ManFlu, that most deadly and fetal of all known illnesses.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hard one. Nothing really stands out. Damn this means I did not get myself a new Toy in 2013!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My JW, for stepping forward and volunteering to take over Mastership of my Lodge even though he knew he was not ready for the responsibility.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? I can not think of any off hand, So will say bigoted people in general.
14. Where did most of your money go? Toys (Gadgets & Games) And Petrol for commuting.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting a break from being WM, as you can probably tell from previous answers.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013? “The Loophole” By Garfunkel and Oates.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter (6 Christmas Dinners so far)
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Falling in Love, Writing, Following my Dreams, Conquering the World, Finding a cure for the common cold and blackmailing people for the cure, You know, the simple pleasures in life.*2
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Putting things off, In 2014 I plan to do things when I think of it, as apposed to putting it off till later.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? With the Family. Family Christmas Dinner at my Parents place on Christmas Day, Then Boxing day its a free for all there, with dozens of extended family turning up to eat, drink and play games!
21. What was your favourite month of 2013? I may as well continue the current trend. November for finally leaving the Chair of KS. *3
22. Did you fall in love in 2013? Alas No. I am high functioning Sociopath. *4
23. How many one-night stands? One night stands? None (I’m a gentleman! And a gentleman never sleeps & tells) *5
24. What was your favourite TV programme? Dracula, Haven, How I Met Your Mother, Mentalist, Arrow, Agents of Shield. To name but a few.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? You know what? NO! I do not believe I hate anyone this year that I did not hate previously. Maybe I am growing as a person, becoming more enlightened? Or is everyone already on THE LIST *6.
26. What was the best book you read? The Third Kingdom by Terry Goodkind.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? It was more of a rediscover, But I would say Garfunkel and Oates.
28. What did you want and get? To become IPM, To have more Published books, To Join Rose Croix.
29. What did you want and not get? Enthusiasm, Love,
Slaves A PA/Intern, A new House.
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Hard one to pick, 2013 had loads of good films. But At this moment I would have to say, The Wolverine
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I celebrated it with my family, and I was the answer to Life the Universe and Everything.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not being the only Full time Inmate at the Asylum, A long lasting Relationship, More enthusiasm, Warmth, The Sun…
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Mostly Cargo Pants (I like the extra pockets) Jumpers, and in work Coats…. Oh and suits, because suits are awesome…… True story.
34. What kept you sane? Me Sane? Interesting theory you have there. Well I still have the magic stone from the other year that I purchased off a traveling merchant that keeps away tigers & insanity. On a serious note, Friends bother the Real Life variety and the Net (Twitter/G+/Facebook) varieties.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Err, I am not sure, Anne Wheaton, Bonnie Burton, And I have to re-add Kaylee from FireFly as I have just completed a Firefly+Serenity rewatch.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? None, I don’t do politics.
37. Who did you miss? No one. “ high functioning Sociopath” Remember? Remember? from Question 22?
38. Who was the best new person you met? I do not recall actually meeting any new people this year, Well none that have stood apart from the crowd. So I shall just say New Interesting Twitter People!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. The rat race is mainly for rats, so make sure you are the person in the white coat. Its a lot less stressful.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
We’re laughing and talking and the drinks are flowing
And I’m liking the direction this night is going
But then I look up and something has changed
Everyone around us looks fucking deranged
*1 Yes I know this is the exact answer that I gave last year. BUT my eldest Nephews partner is pregnant so I will have a different answer next year.
*2 Yes I know this is the exact answer that I gave last year. This is because A)My Feelings & Situation have not changed since I answered last year, and B) Its a cool answer
*3 I really need some more memorable things to happen in 2014!
*4 see *2 Yes I am that lazy!
*5 See *4. OK, I need help.
*6 Just Kidding there is no list. *7
*7 Oh, There is a List.