Its that time of year again, where I look at the Year that was, and do the customary Year that was Meme.
MEME: The Year That Was 2011
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? Stayed in the room during an Installation, Became an Installed Master, Took part in the 100 day challenge, Chaired a committee meeting.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No! I do not even remember what they were. I have discovered that I am basically Crap at keeping resolutions, but am a lot better at sticking to challenges. So for next year I am thinking of doing a set of challenges for the year, a friend suggested 12 or 52 for the months/weeks of the year. I just need to think of some things I would like to achieve next year and sort out the challenge.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I was going to answer Yes, PlanetPete to this question. Then I realised he only gave birth by proxie. So instead I shall adjust my answer slightly to be, Yes, Mrs PlanetPete AKA H, gave birth to the mini magoo foretold in legend, Henry (And yes, he does have a cat).
4. Did anyone close to you die? Luckily No.
5. What countries did you visit? None really, apart from the normal Wales/England. But I did spend some time with some Americans which should count as something.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? Enthusiasm, Love, Joy of Work, A warm office, A published book.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Nov 3rd. When I got to meet Bingo, and was placed in the Chair of King Solomon by my Father.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Attaining the Chair of Solomon (Are we noticing a trend yet?)
9. What was your biggest failure? Only getting one of the items off the list from last years answer to question 6.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope, Apart from the recovering from Vampire Eye which I got Dec 24th of 2010, and was dealt with at the beginning of 2011. But actual injury/Illness gotten in 2011, there is nothing.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A Tablet device, Great toy. Or my Galaxy S2 phone, which is much more superior to my old iPhone, or SkyRim as I am currently an addict.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My IPM for standing down part of the night to allow my father to put me into the chair (That trend again), & H for H.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Those who made picking officers awkward. Work people who left to secretly set up a company in competition.
14. Where did most of your money go? Diesel for commuting, and fix’s for my Video Game Addiction.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going into the Chair of Solomon, Skyrim, and because I’m a sad geek William Fucking Shatner friending me on G+, and Robert Lomas following me on Twitter.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011? “G33k & G4m3r Girls” By Team Unicorn.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, Because I have plans afoot.
b) thinner or fatter? Possibly fatter due to all the visiting as Master, and the multi-course meals.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, Rising fuel prices, Global economic collapse, etc.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Falling in Love, Writing, Following my Dreams, Conquering the World, Finding a cure for the common cold and blackmailing people for the cure, You know, the simple pleasures in life.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Wasting time, and suffering from lack of enthusiasm.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Christmas day will be spent with the family, My Parents like their children, grandchildren all together at Christmas. SO meal with them, then few drinks and Gameplay with my nephews, then more drinks and a movie.
21. What was your favourite month of 2011? Lets keep the trend going, November because I entered the Chair of Solomon.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011? Alas No. I am high functioning Sociopath.
23. How many one-night stands? One night stands? None (I’m a gentleman! And a gentleman never sleeps & tells)
24. What was your favourite TV programme? I’ll go for best New Show “Breaking In”, since there are way to many old favourites to mention. And in the words of Oz “I’ll allow it!”
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate leads to suffering. which leads to the Dark side. So Hate is a strong word, and one that should not be thrown about casually, ot haphazardly. But the short answer is YES.
26. What was the best book you read? I am going to go for a Trilogy instead of a single book, since i read all three back to back, as one long story. This is also the last three fiction books I have read, but I am going for Brent Weeks The Night-Angle Trilogy
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Team Unicorn. Even if they do only have one song out ATM.
28. What did you want and get? A Tablet. The Secrets of an Installed Master.
29. What did you want and not get? World Domination, True Love, Slaves,
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Thor
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went to rehearsals on my actual birthday, then two days later (Or one depending when I was actually born) I was placed into the Chair of Solomon, then celebrated with friends drinking and enjoying a three course meal, and more drinks. I also had a joint birthday celebration in the wilds of Wales with some old Spod Friends.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A better Job, A long lasting Relationship, More enthusiasm, less TFB.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Casual (Jeans & Sweatshirt/T-Shirt) Or Smart (Suit).
34. What kept you sane? Me Sane? Interesting theory you have there. Well I still have the magic stone from last year that I purchased off a traveling merchant that keeps away tigers & insanity. On a serious note, Friends bother the Real Life variety and the Net (Twitter/G+/Facebook) varieties.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Same as last year. “Felica Day. Well she’s attractive, Intelligent (Has a mathematics degree), Talented (She’s a singer, Actress, Writer, Director), She’s a Gamer/geek and grew up with a subscription to 2600 magazine. Whats not to like, she’s my ideal woman.” But also Michelle Boyd from Team Unicorn.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? None, I don’t do politics
37. Who did you miss? Old friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Several New friends on Twitter. Who are all special in their own ways. And so I don’t get “another” entry on the list Henry.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. Oderint, Dum Metuant
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Lets keep the trend going. :-
Should we talk about the governments that I control?
Should we talk about the hands of fate, the dice they roll?
The secret things you’ll never see?
The secret man you’ll never be?
I’m a Mason now by Jonathan Coultron