Several years ago, in the days when planetpete used to be a fellow inmate of the Insane Asylum. When the insane laughter and gibbering’s could be heard coming from the development cell, and all was well in the world (ish). We had a tradition of doing “The Year that was ????” MEME and posting the results on LiveJournal. This year we have decided to re-introduce the festive tradition, and end the year with a look back at the Year that was.
MEME: The Year That Was 2010
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Give the Speech/Toast to the Master at an Installation Meeting, Write & Give toasts as part of the course, Get asked to review a best-selling authors book, and get a Signed pre-release copy of the next book due out next year.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No, I failed miserably, but this year I have a cunning plan. I am only making 2 resolutions, with a third possible bonus one. This way, with less things to fail I am hoping I have more chance of sticking to them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not really, I believe my cousin became a grandmother? But we’re not what you would call close.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully No. Although I did loose a Masonic “Brother” whom I looked up to.
5. What countries did you visit? I did not leave the UK in 2010, so just Wales/England were visited.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Tricky Question. Err True Love Or a Long term relationship with an Intelligent Woman. Or I’d settle for a Helicopter, Harley, £10Million, or a tablet device.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 4th. It was the date that the big chair came into view, and my years run up to the Masters job started.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I think getting a signed copy of a bestsellers next book well before its 1st print date. And from my blogging alone.
9. What was your biggest failure? I don’t know? My failure to stick to any of my resolutions? The fact I have still not conquered my shyness?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? YES. Iritis. Several cases actually, In fact as I write this I am currently Blind in my right eye. Great way to spend xmas right, semi-blind. I believe I have an eye based allergy to some animals.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My PS3 to go along with my Xbox 360 Elite & Wii. Yes I know. *Stands up* “Hi, My name is Wayne and I’m a gamer!”
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My Niece, for still trying her best at her last Karate competition even thought the Instructors had admitted it was a fix and her club had no chance of winning. She still tried her best unlike a lot of the others.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The outgoing Labor Chancellor of the Exchequer, Who wasted what little money there was in the countries coffers on pointless things, then left a sarcastic note to his successor about haha the cupboards bare. That and a certain Bully who has added another notch to his forced out the company post.
14. Where did most of your money go? Diesel, Diesel, Computer Games, Diesel. (£1.30/liter is just silly)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, Iron Man 2, Fallout: New Vegas, And finally meeting some people I’ve known IVL for 16 Years, but never met IRL.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Any song from the soundtrack to “Dr Horribles Sing-a-long-Blog” Since it was played every Friday in the Padded Cell at the Asylum this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Same.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer (Due to economy, rising petrol prices, VAT hikes, etc.)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Falling in Love, Writing, Following my Dreams, Conquering the World, Finding a cure for the common cold and blackmailing people for the cure, You know, the simple pleasures in life.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Putting drops in my eye. Stupid “Vampire Eye”, The next dog that sets fut into my Cell at the asylum gets burnt!
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it with the Family, My parents like to have the whole family around from Christmas Eve till after Boxing Day. I may have spent some time training in the Martial Arts, I may (according to some) be a sociopath, BUT I am not brave enough to upset the MOM.
21. What was your favourite month of 2010? November, Because it started off my final year leading up to the BIG DAY.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? Sadly No. But I am hoping destiny/The Stars/Fate takes pity on me in 2011.
23. How many one-night stands? No one night stands, I am not that kind of a man. Besides you should always try everything at least twice to see if you like it
24. What was your favourite TV programme? Hard to pick, NCIS, The Guild, Psyche, The Mentalist, Fringe, Bones, Walking Dead, Mythbusters, Basically there are several and I cant really pick one overall favorite,
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope, “The List” has gained no new names this year.
26. What was the best book you read? Fiction: The latest Harry Dresden Book, None Fiction: The Masonic Magician.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? NerdCore, Jonathan Coulton, Mc Frontalot, Paul & Storm.
28. What did you want and get? A hard drive for my Wii? Several Books & Games I really Wanted, A pair of gloves.
29. What did you want and not get? A Tablet. But not an iPad, I wanted a decent Linux based alternative with more functionality, Only they have not released the ones I’ve been holding out for. If they wait much later I will destroy whats left of my soul and get an iPad. Oh and a HobGoblin the other Tuesday.
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Iron Man 2, Tron Legacy, Sorcerers Apprentice, ZombieLand.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I got drunk till I forgot my age.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Love or a working Light Saber.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Same as always, semi-scruffy day wear (work) Smart casual otherwise.
34. What kept you sane? The voices in my head telling me I was sane and normal. Oh and I do have that magic stone I purchased off a traveling merchant that keeps away tigers & insanity. That or Talking to people on Twitter, Facebook, IM, etc.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Felica Day. Well she’s attractive, Intelligent (Has a mathematics degree), Talented (She’s a singer, Actress, Writer, Director), She’s a Gamer/geek and grew up with a subscription to 2600 magazine. Whats not to like, she’s my ideal woman.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The Hung Parliament, and the fact that even though the country was falling apart due to a sustained labor government, we as a nation could not make up our minds to try something new and pick an alternative government.
37. Who did you miss? I miss no one…. I’m a marksman I am… *muhahahaha*
38. Who was the best new person you met? Several New friends on Twitter. Who are all special in their own ways.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. If you put your mind into it, and follow it through, you can make good things happen. Also, I hate Vampire Eye!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. You look at Mr. Fancy Pants and hold the trophy high, Everybody cheers
While he’s blinking back the tears, He doesn’t even have the best pants – Its very deep on so many levels!